The process of reaching heights and becoming a fashion designer is not as easy as it looks or sounds. To become a fashion designer he/she must have innovative skills and thinking process i.e. THINK OUTSIDE THE BOX !
If you think of Dolce & Gabbana, Jean Paul Gaultier, Rohit Bal or Masaba Gupta as your idols, then you havew to work hard on certain creative skills. Here are some of the qualities you’ll need to succeed as a aspiring designer professionally:
- Creativity: Being creative is as important for a designer ,to design anything you need to be artistic and a creative mind can take you ahead.
- Good Communication Skills: An effective communication will lead you to connect to customers also and the design team too whivh includes tailors, retailers, buyers, etc.
- Time Management Skills: A designer must multi task and also should reach deadlines in a systematic and organised way.
- Strive to do Better: You should strive to do better than your peers to come up with quality innovative designs quickly.
- Sketching Skills: To make your concept and ideation/vision to be understood by the customer you must have good hand on sketching, drawing and illustration.
- Trendy and forecast: A designer should keep himself upgraded with the present and future trends and have to market study along with the knowledge of forecast.